I SAY...

Sunday, April 03, 2011

…COUNTINUED

I and U were both captivated by each other’s smile. They felt an instant connection. As if they were meant to be together. U shyly introduced itself as LOVE.

I was smitten. Smitten to extent that nothing else mattered as compared to U. U became the world to I. I breathed U for survival. Right at the platform, I and U started to share. They became US.

US spoke about everything, right from philosophy to movies; discussing food to politics. Anything and everything under this Sun was talked by US. US disagreed on certain topics but mostly agreed on everything. They felt they were soul-mates in search of each other. And now that their search is complete they can rest and rejoice. I was more than happy. What surprised I was the fact that though U carried similar baggage marked POSSESSION, INSECURITY and JEALOUSY, I did not mind it. In fact, I was so much “in love” with U that it started carrying U’s baggage for U!!

It was a pleasant day when US boarded a train. They did so as they thought they were headed towards the same destination. As usual, I carried U’s luggage along with its own. While uploading it, I realized for the first time that U had many more bags than I knew existed. Along with the previous three came SUSPICION, DISTRUST, and a sling bag of HYPOCRISY!! I sure was taken aback but the love it felt towards U overpowered every doubt that nagged I. Though U questioned I’s motives and actions, I never ever uttered a word. The fact that I was still in touch periodically with all the past U did not go down well with the current. I tried explaining. I tried consoling. At the end of a gruelling finger pointing and name calling session from U, I finally decided to cut all the past from its journey. Though happy, U was still sceptical. But not even once did I think U would break I’s faith and trust. Unfortunately U did the exact same thing and gave a choice to I; either to forget the incidence and move on or break US and move on. U never gave I the time to think. And I chose to forget and continue being with U.

This breach in trust had hurt I real bad but I never showed it. When alone I kept thinking about it and thought that its better to know what U does than not knowing at all. U, however, took this new behavioural change requested by I as an encouragement and went on to do several more acts that hurt I a lot. I still never showed it for I was head over heels in love with U.

One day I found out that though U asked I to let go of its previous lifestyle, its memories et al; U still cherished its memories in a shrine. I was beyond being hurt. I was furious. And in this rage, I finally voiced its true feelings. U did not quite appreciate I’s aggressive approach. Once calm I realized its approach was wrong and apologised U for its previous behaviour. But sadly, by this time, U was so furious that it was not ready to understand I at all. U was bruised. To save its pride, its ego, U did things that hurt I even more than before. And thus began an exchange of action-reaction between the two. Neither I nor U realized when exactly US faded away into oblivion. There did come this time when both tried to revive US but it failed.

Now they are stuck together in such a horrible way that death would be considered a boon. They are so used to each other’s presence, that letting go is tough, yet can’t have a single conversation without either of them blasting. The days of a single topic conversation taking days has been replaced by yelling; yelling that is cut short by the other in 3mins at the max.

The train is travelling as of now, but a station can be seen as a speck. How calm and beautiful U looks, thought I as I loving looked at the sleeping U. I wants to get off at that approaching station but the thought of travelling without U saddens it.

I asks the sleeping U, “have we travelled so afar from US that we can never get back to the way we were?”

U opens its eyes and replies, “I don’t know.”

Now they are sitting right next to me gazing into each other’s eyes. No its is not love that they convey but a deep sadness, as the train of LIFE makes a roaring sound, as if mocking them, as it enters that station.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home